Friday 7 November 2014

Taieri Athletics Nov 4th

Taieri Athletics Day

Room One had a great morning at the Taieri Athletics despite the cool weather.

The vortex was fun and interesting and I saw a stronger thrower. He threw the vortex much further than anybody else. (Charlie)

I liked the vortex and I got into the finals. (Max)

The push throw event was cool and I almost got over the line and into the finals. (Cooper)

I liked to run in the short race. I moved my arms and legs really fast. I threw the vortex and tried my hardest. (Ben)

When I was in the Long Distance Race I passed lots of people. I liked getting the yellow beach flag. (Michael)

I loved the three leaps, especially holding the ball between my legs. (Ethan)

It was cold at the athletics and I had to go and huddle up on the tarpaulin in the shelter. (Dorothy)

Michael and I passed each other lots during the Long Distance Run. (James)

I threw the vortex further than anyone else in my heat. (Evie)

Here are the results for the Room 1 children.

5 year old boys Jack McKeay Vortex Throw (1st)
5 year old boys Jack McKeay  3 Leaps (3rd)
6 year old girls Madeleine Clarke 3 Leaps (3rd)
6 year old boys Jack Girvan 3 Leaps (2nd)
7 year old girls Amber McKeay  3 Leaps (3rd)





Charlie and Jack G wait to compete in the agility poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment